Monday 25 July 2011

Simply: French Style. . .




I don't know what it is, but I'm OBSESSED with French style, culture, cuisine, the whole works! Perhaps it originated from my many holidays there, or that some of my favourite designers are French~ Isabel Marant, The Kooples, Chanel? Anyway its what I call The French allure and I'm drawn in! What I love is that people in France dress so simple, yet its effortless. Try the synonomous Breton top. Seriously who doesn't have one? Its a staple for style queens Alexa Chung and Sienna Miller and looks great on really anyone. When I was in Brittany, every age wore the breton: kids, adults, even the elderly. Style a la francais is natural, which is why (for obvious reasons) I follow a good few French blogs. Two of my favourites are Adeline Rapon and Une Armoire pour Deux. The image above is taken from the blog of 21 year old Parisian Adeline, whos style combines all the effortless elements described. I love this look. A white top worn alone with denim is such a classic look and you can never go wrong with it. Throw in a black bolder hat and rock boots and you have a look that screams I just threw this on this morning! This simple way of dressing is one which I shall try put a spin on myself. Will keep you updated with the results. . .C'est ca!




Image via Adeline Rapon blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment