Wednesday 13 July 2011

One day I went shopping. . .

~ Due to the fact that I live in the middle of the countryside, specifically: the middle of no where, and I don't drive (yet!) shopping during the summer is a slightly rare occurrence for me. So when yesterday I went for a spot of retail therapy, I really did splurge...! So I decided to give me aul blog a new umph and post what I bought for the whole blog world to see. . .well. . .

P.S: Please excuse the photo quality. I'm not a high tec peep and my camera is just a digital one so the colours mightn't be right on the nail.... but close enough!




Ok so these are cropped blouses from a shop called Catch in Manor Mills shopping centre, Maynooth. They were just €10 each, down from €25 so I could not resist buying them in both cobalt blue and beige! What a bargain they were...! Whats great about these is that you can wear them either buttoned up to the neck like so on the right or (my favourite) keep a few top buttons open and roll up the sleeves for a more relaxed feel. Also they are so versatile: you can either wear them full on cropped or else throw a plain white tee under them, buttons open or closed if you're not brave enough to show some skin...!



This Topshop collared purple stripe vest top is amazing and at just €36 too...! I first saw it on one of my good friends (whose name is also Nicola!) and I had to buy it...sharing is caring right? Nicola teamed hers with light blue skinnies, heels and a neon oversized clutch for a night time look, but you could just as easily wear it for a daytime look too. I would pair it with denim cutoffs and tan loafers/ gladiator sandals and maybe a pop of colour, like the Pennys box bag which is coming up. . .



Ever since I did my post on pleated skirts I've been dying to get my hands on one..! This H&M design was just €12.95~ how much more affordable can you get? You could really team it with any of the colours in it and would be perfect to dress up or down. I can so see myself bringing this into winter with some black tights and a cosy cardigan. . .



These heels are my new FAVOURITE pair...! They are Pennys and not only that but they cost me €9...yes! That's what I said 9EURO!! Amazing value, down from €23. Obviously pastel colours are huge this season, seen all over Dior couture and these heels are so Burberry Prorsum...! The draped effect is of course a signature which makes these cheap as chips heels look that bit more!



This is my first playsuit and I <3 it! Not just that but it was only €13 sale price at Catch! Need I say anymore??


Just incase you thought the last picture looked like a dress...you can clearly see here those are shorts, damn camera!



This is another Pennys purchase and it is also a new fav! It came in at just €9 and will do me for day/ night, yes I see a pattern here! I do love those pieces which you can go for casual or dressy. The only negative thing about this bag (and its small!) is that I wish it was a bit bigger! But it's petite and compact so I will just be packing essentials...!



This Pennys (again!) collared jersey top is just like the Topshop one mentioned except it was less than a quarter of the price! At just €10, this emerald top is slightly darker in real life if you like and also comes in purple, pink and blue. I would pair it with the jeans which are coming up also and lots of gold jewellery...! Love these style tops and they seem to be everywhere lately...





Again the quality of the photo is quite poor but these are high~waisted maroon/burgandy Vero Moda skinnies. For me, these were an example of when you see something and automatically buy without looking at the pricetag or even by looking at the pricetag and not caring what price is !! However and thankfully for my bank balance, these were not too costly at €35. Alexa Chung was spotted in a pair of jeans this colour and featured in one of my first posts My Next Purchase: Coloured Jeans... I've tried these with a cropped/ tied top and looks great with heels! Will bring me right into winter also, which is a plus with Irish weather!



No prize for guessing where this clutch is from...yep you guessed Pennys! All over the catwalks, models were holding bags right under their arm so clutches are bang on trend and when you can get this at €8 you can't go wrong!


~Ok so after doing this post I've realised I probably won't be going shopping for another while. . .well. . .




No comments:

Post a Comment