Wednesday 6 July 2011

Chanel Couture. . .





 

















So after I finally got over not being invited to the Chanel 2011/12 Winter Couture show, I nearly died when images were realised today of the spectacle. Oh. My. God. It was some show for one show...! I actually cannot express how much I loved every single piece in the collection. It was pure stunning. Normally I would state six pictures as the limit to my posts, but there is no limit for Chanel...! Not only was the setting magical, with a dark, romantic, sparkling streetlight affect (with actual streetlights!) but so was the couture. There were sooo many textures, including a fabulous cream silk dress, which if you were to eat, t'wud melt in your mouth! Aside from the signature monochrome classic, there were vibrant purples which came in the form of taylored jackets and silk dresses~swept to the centre, tied by a gorgeous jewell. What I loved most about the pieces was the fishtail detailing, and there was alot! It gave a real glamorous, figure-hugging affect not only in the floor length dresses, but also in the structured skirts, with beautiful flower detailing as well. There were sequinces, lace, feathers and a huge amount of sheer pieces, which I think is going to be an overall huge trend. Lets not forget the boots which had the signature patent toecap detailing, with the boot extending well above the knee! I also loved the boater hats worn by some of the models, which were so chic...! As we all know whatever nail colour Chanel has painted on all the lovelies fingernails, that shalt be thy colour of the season! Annnnd it is navy, which I love and is a more modern alternative to black. To top off one of my favourite shows of the year, all the usual front row Chanelettes were present, including Alexa Chung, Poppy Delevigneand Diane Kruger. Karl Lagerfeld I salute you...! Merci beaucoup...!!



This was my favourite piece of the collection...amazing

Images via Vogue.fr

No comments:

Post a Comment